Wednesday, May 6, 2009

*Beginning of the painting in drawing of the painting that may as well be a drawing

The colors are awful, I know (not to mention blurry!). I need to get a decent camera (and a pair of unshaky hands). But this is a preview of the drawing or *(insert title). I had been completely involved with images of North Korean orphans from after the war. I could not stop painting them or drawing them, and collected one photograph after another. There was one image of a baby boy that struck me the most. His face was anguished, ribs exposed under thin skin. So I painted him. It haunted my roommates for years (bless their hearts).
I finally decided to paint over and start fresh. The decorative paper patten is still layered in some areas because I love visual history.
Will post more as I move along.

I still miss the kids.






Sneakey sneak of my painting corner.

1 comment:

  1. ur drawings never cease to amaze me.
    gahhh i want to see your apt!! You know every single apt you've had makes me feel SO at home.
    it gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach. :)
    I miss you, my love.
    Oh~ I was wondering.
    You know that yellow dress on my blog?
    I have it in black, too, and was wondering if you'd want it. I know it'll look 100000xs better on you. You can have the yellow one, too, but you'll have to wait until maybe June-ish in case I wear it to dinner.
    :D:D:D:D
    Love you!
    *kisses*

    ReplyDelete